I have listed down the essential tools and resources that I am using to run my online business. This page will be updated from time to time as I learn more along the journey. Please take note that I have experiences with these tools and resources and I recommend them because they are useful.
Hostgator: I have hosted all my websites with HostGator. They provide user friendly Cpanel with 1 click installation for WordPress and awesome technical support via live chat, phone and email. Use Hostgator coupon code – warriorsdeal25 to save 25% off your selected package. Refer my post – How To Start An Online Business From Scratch for full instruction to apply the coupon code if unclear.
Namecheap: 90% of my domains are bought from Namecheap. I love the interface in Namecheap and the excellent technical support the provided. They will have coupon code every month so make sure you search for Namecheap coupon code before you buy the domain to save a dollar.
- WordPress: A free and powerful content management system. You can empower your blog with tons of free and paid plugins. All my blogs are powered by WordPress.
- Semiologic Theme: This blog is powered by this free theme. You can customize the theme and I love its simplicity and clean layout.
- Market Samurai: The best keyword research tool with competition analysis. Check my post for instruction to get Market Samurai with 35% discount. It also provides keyword ranking service with their cloud based service.
- Google Keywords Tool: Provide you the monthly search volume for the keywords you are searching. This is the a free and popular tool that people are using for keyword research.
- Keyword Fighter: The best long tail keywords scrapper that scraps keyword suggestions from Google, Amazon, YouTube, Ebay, Yahoo, Bing, Shopping.com, etc…
- Social Monkee: I am using Social Monkee to build 2nd tier backlinks. I am on the plan where it allows me to submit 3 URL per day to get 100 backlinks for each URL, drip feed in 9-14 days.
- Social ADR: The quality of the social media / bookmarking links are better than Social Monkee. I use it to build links for my blog post and money sites.
- Linkvana: This is by far the most powerful private blog networks I tried. I have been using Linkvana to build high quality backlinks to my money sites. You can schedule to drip feed the backlinks.
- ArticleRanks: A great public blog network that allows you to join for free. I normally use it to build second tier backlinks to pass the link juice back to my money site. Depending on your niche and the quality of the article, my article generated by Article Builder gets 99% approval rate and published 50-60 times in 2 months.
- Article Marketing Robot: It is a powerful article marketing software to help you to do mass distribution of your article to tons of the article directories. You can also import your own article directories you found on the web and import to the software to submit to more places. I use it to build 2nd tier baclinks.
- Article Builder: Finally, the spun article is readable and high quality! This is the service I use to generate high quality spun articles in various niches (70++ niches supported). The uniqueness of each article generated is at least 75%.
- Bookmark Lover: This is the service I use to get authority backlinks for every single of my blog post and YouTube videos. It is similar to pixelpipe but a lot more powerful because you can spin the title & description and the link juice will be passed over to your site (301 redirect instead of 302). You are allowed to add as many social media / bookmarking account into Bookmark Lover to gain tons of backlinks from various accounts!
Aweber: A professional email autoresponder service with top notch support. I use it to setup follow up email and broadcast email to my list.
- Ad Trackz Gold: A professional self hosted script that I am using to cloak and track all my incoming and outgoing links, conversion and sales.
- Google Analytic: A free tool by Google. Use it to determine your most visited page, the average time on site and a few important factors.
- Camtasia Studio: A professional video creation and editing software for screen capture. This is the software I am using for all my screen capture videos.
- Animoto: You can create a professional video by uploading the photos and some text easily. Music is also provided. Check out my video on how to download Animoto video for free without upgrading to plus or premium plan.
- GoAnimate: Create animation video easily. Check out my video on how you can export GoAnimate video to YouTube for free.
- Jing: Another awesome tool by for you to do screen capture. The free version only allows you to do a 5 minutes video.
- CamStudio: A free screen recording software. Video editing is not available.
- How To Create A Website With WordPress And Start A Profitable Online Business: This is my kindle book and if you are totally new to online marketing, this is the book you need to kick start your online business.
- Free Website Traffic – 10 Proven Free Traffic Techniques To Promote Your Website: This is my kindle book and if you are struggling to get traffic, read and implement the traffic techniques presented to get targeted visitors to your site.
- Influence by Robert Cialdini: If you would like to learn the fundamental of copywriting, this is the cheapest and quality material you will need.
- Web Copy That Sells by Maria Veloso: If you are very familiar with the fundamental of copywriting, pick this one up and start writing your web copy that converts!
- Secrets of the Millionaire Mind by Harv Eker: Your mindset is everything. It is about the relationship of money and you, how you are influenced by the environment and how to overcome by reprogram yourself. I highly recommend you to attend Harv Eker’s MMI 3 days workshop (it is free) and go through the interactive exercises.
- Odesk: You can get pretty much all the services for your online business in Odesk.
- iwriter: Get your affordable articles written that passed copyscape. It takes time to find and build up your team of good writers.
- Green Light Articles: Awesome quality articles.
Images And Photos
Get Royalty Free Images: Check out my blog post on how you can get royalty free images and use on your blog, book cover, report, etc…A list of resources is provided where you can get royalty free images (both paid and free).
Product Selling Platform & Payment
- JVZoo: A free platform for you to list your product and attract affiliate. It will handle the payment for affiliate and vendor automatically via Paypal.
- Paydotcom: Another platform integrate with Paypal where you can list your product. Affiliate system is ready for you to recruit affiliate.
- Clickbank: A reliable marketplace for you to list your product with good affiliate program. It is very popular for other niches other than make money online.
- Amazon: The largest online marketplace. You can sell physical products, digital products such as kindle book.
- Paypal: It is a popular and trusted payment processor. You can setup a Paypal buy now button on your site and start selling your products.